Monday, September 20, 2010

pictures from my weekend

These are pictures from Saturday in Seattle
this one is the of the north end of Pike Place Market
(Seattle's Public Market is the oldest and longest running farmer's market in the country)
This sign was made famous in the movie Sleepless in Seattle:


This is the sign at the south end of the market
the one you're more likely to see on a postcard:


All along the way, don't forget to look up:


And of course, inside the market, lots of good food:


Here we are (mom, sister and mom's good friend) enjoying a bite to eat:
(I am 2nd from the right)


Looking up again:



A good day to get married - no rain!
I have no idea who these people are - but isn't a cool place for wedding photos?
Some of those posters are VERY vintage (Rolling Stones for instance)


A back alley behind the Market:


And this is what we found there:


Yup, lot's of germy a.b.c. gum:


I couldn't have said it better myself:



11 comments:

sukipoet said...

the chewing gum wall is amazing. brings me back to school days when I put my hand under the desk and found one or two of those. uck. Thanks for the farmers mkt tour. Pretty amazing.

Terri Kahrs said...

Who knew that ABC gum could be so artful! LOL! And I LOVE the bridal party - what an awesome capture and such a surprise! Fabulous pics, Kimmie!!!! Hugs, Terri xoxox

Caterina Giglio said...

great post! I love Pike Place Market, it is always such fun! and looks like you had a great time!!

~*~Patty S said...

ooo how fun to get to go to market with you Kimmie, this looks like a must see stop in Seattle!

sweet and happy picture of all of you lovely ladies!

a chewing gum wall ... now that's original!
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Brings back SO many memories of Seattle. Of course, my memories include a tour of Red Hook Brewery. Never heard of The Pike!

Kat Sloma said...

Loved your photos! You captured some interesting places. Makes me want to go visit!

Elizabeth said...

I love these photos! And I think there's a Bubblegum Alley in Paso Robles, too!

ooglebloops said...

Bubblegum wall - mmmmm!!!!LOL Love the photos - my daughter loves the wedding party - that is her chosen color scheme, whenever...........

*jean* said...

looks like a perfectly lovely time...i've seen pics of the gum wall...ewwww, could you just feel the germs buzzing around it too?

She Who Doodles said...

don't you just love seattle, i never get enough. i think i could forego the gum wall. interesting though. great pixs.

Teri said...

Elizabeth was right: there is a bubble gum wall in Paso Robles. I enlarged the photo of the 4 of you and am wondering what the wires all of you have hanging around your necks are? Music? Cameras? Phones? Hmmmmm.